Friday, December 30, 2005

2006 is upon us!

Yep! It's new years eve today, which means tomorrow is the start of a fresh new year, which makes no difference to anyone. But on the plus side, it is a time for mad/rad/wikid/rockin' parties. It is also a great time for my father to bring out tonnes of work for me to do, as I try to organise something for tonight. Well done dad, you make me do work at the most inopportune moments.

Most times I tell my father when I'm going somewhere, but it's better if I don't, because he'll make up something for me to do 10 minutes before I need to leave. This specific example has happened 3 times in my recent memory, and many times before that I'm sure.

Me: Dad, I'm off, I'll see you... I don't know when, I'll give you a call if I need a lift home.
Dad: Ok, well before you go, can you mow the lawn?
Me: What? No. I have to go, now.
Dad: If you don't mow the lawn you aren't going anywhere.
Me: ... You... I... Goddamnit dad, ask me when I have time!
Dad: You have time now, do it now.
Me: And you say I have bad organisational skills!
Dad: Keep going like this and you can mow it twice!
Me: I'll mow YOU!

Long story short, I need a place to stay tonight. And not Aarons, 'cause his mum hates me for no reason.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Is your blog set to American time? - 'cause it says Friday December 30th, not Saturday December 31st. You can change it I think. It can be something you can do to celebrate the new year.
O, Happy New Year!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home