Monday, November 14, 2005

To Sam, and family.

A small time ago, a good friend of mines father passed away. He was much loved by his friends and family, and will leave two wonderful children who have always cared for him dearly.

My biggest regret is that I never got to know him, as a friends parent, it is rare that any real conversation is had between the childs friends and you, and even though I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, I remember him as being someone who cared a lot for everything and everyone, one of the nicest people around. Everything I've heard from other friends, who did talk to, and see him more often than I, tells me that he was someone well worth getting to know, and a pleasure to be in the company of.

I'm ashamed that I don't have much else to say about him, as I knew him only briefly, but his passing will be mourned by all who knew him. Especially his loving family.

To Sam, who is just now on the verge of finishing his exams, I hope you get through this all, and I hope you know that all of your friends are here for you, to help, any way we can. It is important for you and Jack to remember that your mother will need your help and support through this, as she was closer to your father than anyone.

I will end this here, as I do not feel it is my place to give you advice about how to deal with this, the best I can give is to try and work your way through it, in your own time. Remember him for all his good points, and know that he will always love you.

You have my deepest sympathies and support.

- Simon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home